Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Own Your Bed Head

Everyone knows that if bed head is going to happen, then its going to happen and nobody can stop it...but we might be able to tame it a little. Casper sleep is a start-up company in New York that makes outrageously comfortable latex memory foam mattresses (click here if you want to check them out!), however even the best mattresses or sleeping position cant prevent the scary thing, but here are some tips to making waking up in the morning that little less stressful and scary.

If you're like me and leave getting up in the morning rather late and so you don't really have that much time to get ready that definitely means I do not have enough time to tackle bed head. The safest thing I think there is to do which saves time and conquers that bed head in the morning is, the night before plait your hair and tie to make them secure. Make sure that you sleep with them in all night and at the last possible moment, undo the plaits carefully. And then it should leave you with a gorgeous beach waved look, perfect!

How I plait my hair:
I simply just sectioned my hair into two, and French plait down each side; super easy and makes it that little bit more comfortable to sleep in than loads of smaller plaits!


When I first came in contact with this brush I couldn't believe the wonders it was doing to my hair, no tangles, no knots, no nothing! If you want to quickly brush your hair but you still want to make sure that there is no evidence that bed had has occurred, find yourself a tangle teaser! At first, due to the fact that I have curly hair and brushing my hair becomes a chore as it can sometimes really hurt getting those knots out, I didn't think that the tangle teaser was brushing through the whole of my hair purely because it didn't hurt one bit. However, after brushing through all of my hair, I soon realised that there were no knots what so ever. The tangle teaser is my idea of perfection!

The tangle teaser in leopard print. 


Then my last tip is to always have a spare can of hairspray near by. If  you want to pin your hair up and make sure that your hair stays in place all day without your hair returning to its bed head shape be sure that you spray with some hairspray and you'll be good to go.

My go to hairspray is: Wella silvikrin classic.


Finally I would really like you all to go and check out Casper, they're a new sleep startup that launched this spring with a outrageously comfortable matress made of latec and memory foam. Even though the matress wont help you escape that bed head, at least you'll have a great night sleep just so you have the engery to tackle your hair the next day, see kink in introduction to check them out! Hope I gave you some tips, and don't forget to follow me on my twitter (click here)

Thanks for reading,
Ella x



No comments: