Search This Blog

Thursday 6 February 2014

MAC studio fix foundation.

Well I think its safe to say I've been gone a while and I would like to apologise for my absence! Being in year 10 and coming up to my last years in high school life has been very stressful and full packed recently, homework has been none stop and GCSE preparation seems to have all come at once! Nights were I have had no revising or homework to do, which has been rare occasion,s I had no energy and all I wanted to do was chill and watch films I bed! 



But there's only so far you can go without blogging again and so because I have nothing planned for today that I would write my first post for the new year, which is kind of embarrassing as it is now February! But yes, enough with the rambling I may as well get along with it.

Over the past year my daily foundation was the MAC face and body foundation which was implied as more of a tinted moisturisers / BB cream as it didn't have a very full coverage on the face but as I have had a new desire for make-up and started to wear more, obviously my face needs more coverage so a new foundation was in need.

So I got the new MAC studio fix foundation, and oh my goodness it is honestly the best purchase (my mum) has ever bought for me as I got it for Christmas. It has such good coverage but yet feels light and soft of my skin which in my opinion is hard to find in a foundation. The extra adding of SPF was really useful for me when I went skiing in France, it made my face feel hydrated and refreshed and I'm sure that it is going to come in handy again when the summer time comes back around again.
The best way in my opinion to apply this foundation, which is the way I apply mine, is using a flat top brush or sponge, I feel like using a stippling brush or fingers it gives of the cakey look or gives quite a streaky look. Wearing this on a daily basis I have realised that it lasts up to 6 hours which is a normal school day for me, it does start to come off and become a less perfected as the day goes on but that is normal in a foundation right?

The only disclaimer that I can say about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump where as most of the other MAC foundations do, but if you desperately want a pump you can buy one, unfortunately I do not know the exact price for this but I'm sure asking at a MAC counter or even on the Internet there will be some guidelines on how much a pump would be.  

So there we have it my first post of the year, which is a little on the late side, but never mind I am back and ready to post more over the next upcoming week!

Thanks for reading,
Ella x

No comments: