Search This Blog

Friday 13 September 2013

My curly hair routine.

Hello again! So if you read my blog and if you've seen pictures then you can probably see that I have very, very curly hair, now to be fair I was born with naturally curly hair but as I have gotten older my hair has dropped due to all the heat and product I apply to it. So now my hair does need a little maintenance, I'm going to show you how to produce my curly hair quick and simple.

When I wash my hair I always concentrate on the hairline going around my head, as that's the place where it gets the most greasy. So when washing my hair I use about an almond size amount of PRO:VOKE touch of silver shampoo, this shampoo really brings all the life back into my hair. I massage the shampoo in my hair for about 4 - 5 minutes, making sure I really get into the roots. Once I have done I then thoroughly rinse it all out making sure that there's no access left behind.

Now some people tend to wash with shampoo twice, but for me once is enough but if you would prefer to wash your hair again then go ahead and give it another wash!



When I've done that  I go onto conditioner using Herbal Essences beautiful ends.,I run this product through my hair for a couple of minutes, then I leave it in for about 5 minutes. After leaving it, I again really thoroughly wash it out, as there's nothing worse than having shampoo/ conditioner left in your hair.

When out of the shower I towel dry my hair until its reasonably dry, then either using a comb or a paddle brush, I brush through my hair getting out all the knots and tangles out.



I then get some Moroccan Oil curl cream and scrunch it up into my hair, making my sure I distribute the product all around my head. Then the most easiest part now is to leave it too dry, give your hair about 20-25 minutes and your hair should be mainly dry. Now if you still have a few stragley pieces of hair simply use a curling wand or some straighteners to touch it up and your done!





This routine takes not a lot of effort at all, and it makes my hair curly and full of life! If anyone tries this out, let me know how you get on and either e-mail me : ellabarker9@gmail.com or twitter me:@hatterswardrobe

Thanks for reading,
Ella x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your curly hair, mine is poker straight but I usually add a wave/curl to it to give it more body!
x

Beauty Box said...

I love your curly hair! Mine is fairly curly too but to be honest it goes more frizzy! I'm really trying to lay off the straighteners though so I'll try following your routine to get better curls :) xx

Unknown said...

Yeh that's why I use Moroccan Oil to give it a bit of life! x - KylieR

Well mine use to go really frizzy but after i've discovered the Moroccan Oil it definitely helps calm the frizz down haha! :) xx - Beauty Box